Many of us know about the women’s suffrage movement, abolition, and temperance societies, but what about the dress reform movement? Many of the most radical and audacious women involved in progressive movements of the Victorian Era could see the way that women were physically prevented from fully participating in society. Such limitations, they argued, took [...]
- Women's aprons through time
- Want a Regency-inspired fall? Try a Spencer jacket.
- Can Regency paper dolls encourage children to behave?
- Edwardian Era Roundup
- Making sure local war heroes are remembered
- Camille Clifford: Gibson Girl
- Tina Fiorda: Hannah Swensen Mysteries costume designer
- Achieving the Gibson Girl S-silhouette: it's all about the padding
- Bessie Coleman: a female daredevil to remember
- What would you keep on your chatelaine?