Rosedown Plantation - Grand 19th Century Estate Rosedown Plantation is one of the grandest 19th century estates in Louisiana. Located in the northwest corner of Southeastern Louisiana, the home and grounds abut Alexander Creek, which flows into the Mississippi River a couple of miles downstream. The original plantation encompassed 3,455 acres at its height of production. [...]
- Keep your poodle skirt dry: 1950s rainwear
- Can you spot the pelisse?
- Sophie Blanchard: Regency Hot Air Balloonist
- Being Mrs. Claus: an interview with Cynthia Perkins
- Four classic fashion icons and the history of the ponytail
- Preserving Victorian architecture: San Francisco's Painted Ladies
- Happy Christmas in July!
- Remembering Joan Walsh Anglund
- The titillating history of the tea dance
- The history of the sundress in three American designers