Nothing challenged Victorian ideology in the United States more than the Civil War. Women living during Antebellum America were the epitome of domesticity. The industrial revolution changed the way men worked. Men increasingly spent their work time away from home, moving into factories, offices, and shops. In what historians call ‘the Cult of True Womanhood,’ [...]
- Recollections is the Best of the West!
- Coronation robes: a brief history of an overlooked understudy
- Victorian gloves: etiquette for use
- Round-up: We love Mrs. Claus!
- The magic of the cape
- A short history of the hand muff, one of history's cutest accessories
- The 12 Days of Christmas: more than just a song
- 100 Years of Winter Coats
- It's a Wonderful Life: fun facts and setting the record straight
- A Victorian Christmas party