by Donna Klein Bodice defines the Waistline 1870s to 1890s At the beginning of the 1870s, most bodices extended to the natural waistline. A tunic (overskirt) was often fitted over the bodice using a belt featuring a large bow in the back. It was during this time that a detachable basque, or very [...]
- Women's aprons through time
- Want a Regency-inspired fall? Try a Spencer jacket.
- Can Regency paper dolls encourage children to behave?
- Edwardian Era Roundup
- Making sure local war heroes are remembered
- Camille Clifford: Gibson Girl
- Tina Fiorda: Hannah Swensen Mysteries costume designer
- Achieving the Gibson Girl S-silhouette: it's all about the padding
- Bessie Coleman: a female daredevil to remember
- What would you keep on your chatelaine?