Enter the Bustle Riding on a Train 1870 was the year of the train, and it was not the one that runs on tracks. Ball gowns sported long beautiful trains and within three years only walking dresses remained floor-length. The soft bustle was also riding high in 1870. While there was some fullness at the front [...]
- How crazy was the bicycle craze?
- Recollections is the Best of the West!
- Coronation robes: a brief history of an overlooked understudy
- Victorian gloves: etiquette for use
- Round-up: We love Mrs. Claus!
- The magic of the cape
- A short history of the hand muff, one of history's cutest accessories
- The 12 Days of Christmas: more than just a song
- 100 Years of Winter Coats
- It's a Wonderful Life: fun facts and setting the record straight