In my last blog post, I explored the light side of smuggling in the Victorian Era and the innovative ways that female entrepreneurs took full advantage of their women’s-only clothing to advance their position in the marketplace. During my research, I encountered many stories of Victorian women using their skirts for a different purpose: Civil [...]
- Women's aprons through time
- Want a Regency-inspired fall? Try a Spencer jacket.
- Can Regency paper dolls encourage children to behave?
- Edwardian Era Roundup
- Making sure local war heroes are remembered
- Camille Clifford: Gibson Girl
- Tina Fiorda: Hannah Swensen Mysteries costume designer
- Achieving the Gibson Girl S-silhouette: it's all about the padding
- Bessie Coleman: a female daredevil to remember
- What would you keep on your chatelaine?