We recently sponsored a contest in which we honored Louisa May Alcott's sister characters from "Little Women" by asking our newsletter subscribers to tell us which of the March sisters inspires them most. Although we didn't ask for more than a name, the impact of the author's story and characters in this novel was more [...]
- November history news
- Black Friday: five theories and facts
- Thanksgiving trivia time!
- A very Vintage Thanksgiving to you!
- Fainting couches: fact or fiction?
- Seeing red: colors in the Victorian era
- October history news
- The history of cottagecore
- A Victorian interest in apples
- A short history of thrift stores: from Charles Dickens to today