Over two hundred years ago, in 1818, Mary Shelley first published Frankenstein; or the Modern Prometheus. Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin Shelley was the daughter of the feminist author, Mary Wollstonecraft, and the philosopher, William Godwin. At fifteen, she fell in love with the poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, who was married and had two children at the [...]
- November history news
- Black Friday: five theories and facts
- Thanksgiving trivia time!
- A very Vintage Thanksgiving to you!
- Fainting couches: fact or fiction?
- Seeing red: colors in the Victorian era
- October history news
- The history of cottagecore
- A Victorian interest in apples
- A short history of thrift stores: from Charles Dickens to today