The Industrial Revolution brought many and lasting changes to the labor force. We moved from a mostly agricultural society to one dominated by mechanization. Men, women, and children as young as five worked long hours in often dangerous conditions. It wasn’t unusual for people to work 12 hours a day, seven days a week for [...]
- How crazy was the bicycle craze?
- Recollections is the Best of the West!
- Coronation robes: a brief history of an overlooked understudy
- Victorian gloves: etiquette for use
- Round-up: We love Mrs. Claus!
- The magic of the cape
- A short history of the hand muff, one of history's cutest accessories
- The 12 Days of Christmas: more than just a song
- 100 Years of Winter Coats
- It's a Wonderful Life: fun facts and setting the record straight