Isabella Tod; 19th-century women's advocate Isabella Maria Susan Tod was born on May 18, 1836, in Edinburgh, Scotland. She died on December 8, 1896, in Belfast Ireland. What she did during her 60 years on earth is quite remarkable. Women in World History: A Biographical Encyclopedia relates that her biographer, Maria Luddy, observed that her [...]
- Polly Pry: daring journalist of the Wild West
- The women behind The Wizard of Oz witches
- 5 women that make great Victorian Halloween costumes
- Women's aprons through time
- Want a Regency-inspired fall? Try a Spencer jacket.
- Can Regency paper dolls encourage children to behave?
- Edwardian Era Roundup
- Making sure local war heroes are remembered
- Camille Clifford: Gibson Girl
- Tina Fiorda: Hannah Swensen Mysteries costume designer