The Freedom Machine When the bicycle gained popularity during the late 1800s, women were still tangled up in the fashion of the day, making enjoyment of this new mode of transportation prohibitive. The push toward dress reform, also known as the rational dress movement, had been around since the mid-19th century. Once the bicycle became [...]
- Holiday gift guide sneak peek
- November history news
- Black Friday: five theories and facts
- Thanksgiving trivia time!
- A very Vintage Thanksgiving to you!
- Fainting couches: fact or fiction?
- Seeing red: colors in the Victorian era
- October history news
- The history of cottagecore
- A Victorian interest in apples