The Freedom Machine When the bicycle gained popularity during the late 1800s, women were still tangled up in the fashion of the day, making enjoyment of this new mode of transportation prohibitive. The push toward dress reform, also known as the rational dress movement, had been around since the mid-19th century. Once the bicycle became [...]
- How crazy was the bicycle craze?
- Recollections is the Best of the West!
- Coronation robes: a brief history of an overlooked understudy
- Victorian gloves: etiquette for use
- Round-up: We love Mrs. Claus!
- The magic of the cape
- A short history of the hand muff, one of history's cutest accessories
- The 12 Days of Christmas: more than just a song
- 100 Years of Winter Coats
- It's a Wonderful Life: fun facts and setting the record straight