Valentine’s day is only a couple of weeks away, so why not get a jump on February and the promise of romance the lovers’ holiday holds. Kylemore Abbey is so much more than a great place to visit. Its history is built on the romance between Mitchell Henry and his wife, Margaret. Mitchell Henry was [...]
- An interview with Joanna Syrokomla of Murdoch Mysteries
- Are Bridgerton costumes Regency? Fashion historians weigh in
- Let's talk about Regency fashion!
- The map of a woman's heart
- Vinegar valentines – a look at Victorian cruelty
- Go Big or Go Home: The Merry Widow Hat
- Godey's Lady's Book: what you didn't know
- How crazy was the bicycle craze?
- Recollections is the Best of the West!
- Coronation robes: a brief history of an overlooked understudy