Skirt Hems Widen through Creative Use of Petticoats As the Romantic era in fashion came to a close in the 1830s and evolved into what we consider Victorian era, emphasis returned to the natural waistline. Corsets were back in fashion and the ankle-length skirt took on a bell shape, becoming so full that numerous petticoats [...]
- Women's aprons through time
- Want a Regency-inspired fall? Try a Spencer jacket.
- Can Regency paper dolls encourage children to behave?
- Edwardian Era Roundup
- Making sure local war heroes are remembered
- Camille Clifford: Gibson Girl
- Tina Fiorda: Hannah Swensen Mysteries costume designer
- Achieving the Gibson Girl S-silhouette: it's all about the padding
- Bessie Coleman: a female daredevil to remember
- What would you keep on your chatelaine?