La Belle Époque comes from French and means 'Beautiful Era.' In the United Kingdom and the United States, it overlaps the late Victorian and the Edwardian Era. In the United States, it is known as the Gilded Age. It was only in looking back in retrospect that both time periods gained their names. Here is [...]
- Can you spot the pelisse?
- Sophie Blanchard: Regency Hot Air Balloonist
- Being Mrs. Claus: an interview with Cynthia Perkins
- Four classic fashion icons and the history of the ponytail
- Preserving Victorian architecture: San Francisco's Painted Ladies
- Happy Christmas in July!
- Remembering Joan Walsh Anglund
- The titillating history of the tea dance
- The history of the sundress in three American designers
- Victorians and plaid