Welcome to day three of our Valentine’s Day 2017 Crossword Game. It’s a crossword without clues. Instead, we are giving you two letters to start you off. Each day we’ll add more letters until someone submits all of the correct words. Think of it like one of the games they play on Wheel of Fortune. The subject is Valentine’s Day and its history, especially as it relates to the 19th century.
Hyphens represent that the answer is more than one word, such as in a short phrase or proper name.
The first person to submit all 43 of the correct words at one time wins a $50 gift certificate. The next two people who submit all of the correct words win a $25 gift certificate.
Clues Day Three
Ack! Snow removal took over my afternoon and evening. After nearly five hours of moving the white stuff around, I came inside and realized that I hadn’t uploaded this blog post! I apologize for not getting the clues for day three posted in a timely manner again. Today the letters ‘m’ and ‘v’ have been added to the puzzle and it is still doubtful that anyone will solve the game today with only the letters k, m, v, w, y, and z. We’re trying to keep the playing field as level as possible when it comes to new clues. New clues will be uploaded as a new blog post each day at 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) in the USA (with the obvious exceptions). Adding new clues at this time of day should ensure waking hours for most of our customers around the world. Today’s image contains the letters the make up the clues for day three, including the letters k, m,v, w, y, and z. We’re uploading it in coordination with our newsletter and Facebook post. Today’s clues image is below. Click on it to bring it up in a new tab. Save it to your device to inspect more closely.
- There are 43 words and phrases related to Valentine’s Day through the years, especially the 19th century.
- Submit your answers in this order (copy and paste the entire section immediately below into the comments section of this post if you’d like).
- You may once enter every day in the comments section of the blog post but you must submit an answer for each of the 43 words each time you enter.
- Please do not send us one answer at a time.
- You may also wait until you are reasonably sure you have correct answers before submitting.
- Comments are moderated so your answers are only seen by the moderator until the end of the game. Once the contest is over, all answers will be published as blog comments.
- The first person to post all 43 correct words in one submission, wins a $50 gift certificate.
- The next two people to post all 43 correct words in one submission win a $25 gift certificate.
This game is running simultaneously on Facebook. There is a six-hour time difference between this blog’s timestamp (GMT) and the one used on Facebook (EST). This time difference is taken into account when and will be translated into Eastern Standard Time in the United States when we announce the winners.
Have fun and good luck!