Victoria Claflin Woodhull was born on September 23, 1838, the seventh of 10 children born to Roxanna ‘Roxy’ Hummel Claflin and Reuben ‘Old Buck’ Buckman Claflin. Her mother was illegitimate and illiterate. Her father was a con man and snake oil salesman. The family lived in rural Homer, Licking County, Ohio. Life was not easy [...]
- How crazy was the bicycle craze?
- Recollections is the Best of the West!
- Coronation robes: a brief history of an overlooked understudy
- Victorian gloves: etiquette for use
- Round-up: We love Mrs. Claus!
- The magic of the cape
- A short history of the hand muff, one of history's cutest accessories
- The 12 Days of Christmas: more than just a song
- 100 Years of Winter Coats
- It's a Wonderful Life: fun facts and setting the record straight