by Donna Klein Doucet - a Name in Fashion for Three Generations Jacques Doucet may not be a household name anymore, but he was once one of the most prosperous and well-respected fashion designers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The Doucet name had been associated with lingerie and fine linen [...]
- Can you spot the pelisse?
- Sophie Blanchard: Regency Hot Air Balloonist
- Being Mrs. Claus: an interview with Cynthia Perkins
- Four classic fashion icons and the history of the ponytail
- Preserving Victorian architecture: San Francisco's Painted Ladies
- Happy Christmas in July!
- Remembering Joan Walsh Anglund
- The titillating history of the tea dance
- The history of the sundress in three American designers
- Victorians and plaid