According to Revolutionary War History Buffs, Lydia Darragh was a heroine who saved many lives just prior to Christmas 1777. How did she do it? Lydia Barrington was born in 1728 in Dublin, Ireland. She married William Darragh, the son of a Quaker clergyman, in 1752, at the age of 24. Three years later, they [...]
- Sarah Mognoni: Celebrating the connection between women and horses
- Have luxury, will travel. 19th-century dressing cases
- 19th century spicy trinkets: Nutmeg graters
- Jean Beraud : Documenting the Belle Epoque
- The stories behind five of Queen Elizabeth II's most famous looks
- Will you wear white after Labor Day this year?
- Glamour escapism: 1930s fashion
- Private purses: women's tie-on pockets
- Keep your poodle skirt dry: 1950s rainwear
- Can you spot the pelisse?