Each year on December 31st, people standing in Times Square and people all over the world sitting around their television countdown as the ball drops in New York City. While “Dick Clark’s New York Rockin’ Eve” is a modern tradition, there is a long history of New Years celebrations in New York City.
- 1950s recipes for the holidays that aren't as loved today
- Mary Ann Cotton: Victorian poisoner
- Salem Witch Trials Round-up
- A brief history of trick or treating
- Please party guests this season with mulled wine
- Marybeth Walker: Keeping the tradition of side-saddle alive
- Victorian Hair Jewelry: Yay or Nay?
- Before selfies and text messages were friendship books
- 19th-century female writers who should always be remembered
- Victorian calling cards