Each year on December 31st, people standing in Times Square and people all over the world sitting around their television countdown as the ball drops in New York City. While “Dick Clark’s New York Rockin’ Eve” is a modern tradition, there is a long history of New Years celebrations in New York City.
- Fun facts about February
- January History News Roundup
- 2022 Christmas – New Year Photo Contest
- Did Queen Victoria turn Victorian Wedding Dresses White?
- A time capsule of glamour: hair from the 1939 New York World's Fair
- That's write! Inkwells through time
- Sidesaddling through Gettysburg
- Head-scratching Victorian Christmas cards
- Holiday reading: from daring Victorians to It’s a Wonderful Life and MUCH more
- Cardigans through time