Last weekend I picked up the April copy of Real Simple. The theme for the issue is naturally, spring cleaning. It got me thinking about how this tradition has been around for so long and wondering how much I could find in Victorian household manuals on the topic. I am also striving to use more [...]
- Keep your poodle skirt dry: 1950s rainwear
- Can you spot the pelisse?
- Sophie Blanchard: Regency Hot Air Balloonist
- Being Mrs. Claus: an interview with Cynthia Perkins
- Four classic fashion icons and the history of the ponytail
- Preserving Victorian architecture: San Francisco's Painted Ladies
- Happy Christmas in July!
- Remembering Joan Walsh Anglund
- The titillating history of the tea dance
- The history of the sundress in three American designers