Last year I wrote about the various ways that women and families stayed warm during the cold months in Victorian times. I mentioned the little-known use of hot ceramic bottles sometimes placed in a hand muff and said that I’d love to come back to write more about this particular fashion accessory. Well, hand muffs [...]
- Fun and Happy Vintage Halloween Images
- Victorian opera attire: a feast for the eyes
- The unexpected romantic history of bobbing for apples
- One hundred years of nightgowns: from the Victorian era to the 1950s
- Polly Pry: daring journalist of the Wild West
- The women behind The Wizard of Oz witches
- 5 women that make great Victorian Halloween costumes
- Women's aprons through time
- Want a Regency-inspired fall? Try a Spencer jacket.
- Can Regency paper dolls encourage children to behave?