The year 1880 was an historic one for women in New York. At the end of the previous year, women didn’t have the right to vote in any election but were able to wield their influence nonetheless. In the Eleventh senatorial district, Miss Susan A. King gave time and money to the cause of electing [...]
- Holiday gift guide sneak peek
- November history news
- Black Friday: five theories and facts
- Thanksgiving trivia time!
- A very Vintage Thanksgiving to you!
- Fainting couches: fact or fiction?
- Seeing red: colors in the Victorian era
- October history news
- The history of cottagecore
- A Victorian interest in apples