By Donna Klein The Online Etymology Dictionary tells us the word 'corset' comes from the Old French word for 'bodice, 'tunic'. The modern name of corset as a stiff, supporting, and constricting undergarment dates to c. 1795. The first undergarment that is truly considered to be a corset dates to the first half of the [...]
- Holiday gift guide sneak peek
- November history news
- Black Friday: five theories and facts
- Thanksgiving trivia time!
- A very Vintage Thanksgiving to you!
- Fainting couches: fact or fiction?
- Seeing red: colors in the Victorian era
- October history news
- The history of cottagecore
- A Victorian interest in apples