By Donna Klein The Online Etymology Dictionary tells us the word 'corset' comes from the Old French word for 'bodice, 'tunic'. The modern name of corset as a stiff, supporting, and constricting undergarment dates to c. 1795. The first undergarment that is truly considered to be a corset dates to the first half of the [...]
- The 1920s woman – a Flapper and so much more!
- Who is Mrs. Claus? Inquiring minds want to know!
- Southern Ghost Girls
- Ray and Faye Graves, Photos From the Rubble
- Halloween 2019 Photo Contest
- Olga Leake: Historical Reenacting is Living Life in a Different Time Period
- Tragedy Retold: The Ashtabula Train Disaster
- Gates Pass and Saguaro National Park
- Visiting Mission San Xavier del Bac
- Tombstone, Arizona: Capsule of the American Old West