Fashion today is largely presented to the public by showing how it looks on live humans. But it wasn’t always that way. Before the 1900s, mannequins, dolls, and drawings were used to give buyers an idea of what the final product would look like once on. The first fashion show is believed to have taken [...]
- Fun and Happy Vintage Halloween Images
- Victorian opera attire: a feast for the eyes
- The unexpected romantic history of bobbing for apples
- One hundred years of nightgowns: from the Victorian era to the 1950s
- Polly Pry: daring journalist of the Wild West
- The women behind The Wizard of Oz witches
- 5 women that make great Victorian Halloween costumes
- Women's aprons through time
- Want a Regency-inspired fall? Try a Spencer jacket.
- Can Regency paper dolls encourage children to behave?