When the Women’s Movement picked up and suffrage was extended, the Roaring 20s played off of the idea of women’s rights and the silhouette of dresses changed drastically. Dropped waists that gave a boxy impression were all the rage, not to mention the shortened hemlines. The most important feature of the 1920s dress is that [...]
- Polly Pry: daring journalist of the Wild West
- The women behind The Wizard of Oz witches
- 5 women that make great Victorian Halloween costumes
- Women's aprons through time
- Want a Regency-inspired fall? Try a Spencer jacket.
- Can Regency paper dolls encourage children to behave?
- Edwardian Era Roundup
- Making sure local war heroes are remembered
- Camille Clifford: Gibson Girl
- Tina Fiorda: Hannah Swensen Mysteries costume designer