Jane Austen wrote stories and poems to amuse herself and her family from a young age and eventually compiled 29 of them into three bound notebooks. These volumes provide a little glimpse into the author she would become. The “stories are full of anarchic fantasies of female power, licence, illicit behaviour, and general high spirits,” [...]
- Five fun facts about Sarah Bernhardt
- Victorian and Edwardian combination garments
- Nellie Cashman: Wild West Angel
- Teaware from times past
- Mother's Day in America and Around the World
- A brief history of Victorian afternoon tea
- Hair combs: practical and pretty
- Antique Easter Greetings!
- Are your egg cups ready for Easter?
- The rise and fall of puffy sleeves