Revolutionary War fashion was a bit of an outlier when it comes to Western fashion trends. We see styles embraced during this time that are really only seen during the years shortly before the war. When the war ended in 1783, there was a rapid move to adopt French fashions and also to invite more [...]
- Sarah Mognoni: Celebrating the connection between women and horses
- Have luxury, will travel. 19th-century dressing cases
- 19th century spicy trinkets: Nutmeg graters
- Jean Beraud : Documenting the Belle Epoque
- The stories behind five of Queen Elizabeth II's most famous looks
- Will you wear white after Labor Day this year?
- Glamour escapism: 1930s fashion
- Private purses: women's tie-on pockets
- Keep your poodle skirt dry: 1950s rainwear
- Can you spot the pelisse?