By Donna Klein Paul Poiret was controversial for his time and never quite found his place in the fashion industry. Yet he is remembered as one of the most influential designers of the 20th century and credited for revolutionizing fashion. Let's take a look at his life and notable designs. Seeds of a Fashion Revolution [...]
- Can you spot the pelisse?
- Sophie Blanchard: Regency Hot Air Balloonist
- Being Mrs. Claus: an interview with Cynthia Perkins
- Four classic fashion icons and the history of the ponytail
- Preserving Victorian architecture: San Francisco's Painted Ladies
- Happy Christmas in July!
- Remembering Joan Walsh Anglund
- The titillating history of the tea dance
- The history of the sundress in three American designers
- Victorians and plaid