by Donna Klein a Step Back to the American Old West 1. Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument is the newest addition to the list of National Monuments, having been created through the following proclamation by the President of the United States on May 21, 2014 (excerpted from the White House website: “In [...]
- Can you spot the pelisse?
- Sophie Blanchard: Regency Hot Air Balloonist
- Being Mrs. Claus: an interview with Cynthia Perkins
- Four classic fashion icons and the history of the ponytail
- Preserving Victorian architecture: San Francisco's Painted Ladies
- Happy Christmas in July!
- Remembering Joan Walsh Anglund
- The titillating history of the tea dance
- The history of the sundress in three American designers
- Victorians and plaid