First, Charles Dana Gibson brought us the Gibson Girl. Then, after Gibson's retirement from illustrating, Harrison Fisher arrived on the scene. His Fisher Girl “redefined the American ideal of feminine beauty” during the first quarter of the 20th century. Who was Harrison Fisher? Harrison Fisher was born to be an artist. His father, Hugo Antoine [...]
- Why are red and green Christmas colors?
- Holiday gift guide sneak peek
- November history news
- Black Friday: five theories and facts
- Thanksgiving trivia time!
- A very Vintage Thanksgiving to you!
- Fainting couches: fact or fiction?
- Seeing red: colors in the Victorian era
- October history news
- The history of cottagecore