When I wrote my blog post on the magic of the cape late last year, I at first thought that including some background on the extravagant “cloaks” worn by royals during high ceremonies and coronations would be fitting. However, as I went about gathering more information I quickly discovered that cloaks used for this purpose [...]
- Can you spot the pelisse?
- Sophie Blanchard: Regency Hot Air Balloonist
- Being Mrs. Claus: an interview with Cynthia Perkins
- Four classic fashion icons and the history of the ponytail
- Preserving Victorian architecture: San Francisco's Painted Ladies
- Happy Christmas in July!
- Remembering Joan Walsh Anglund
- The titillating history of the tea dance
- The history of the sundress in three American designers
- Victorians and plaid