Is it surprising that the carol is thousands of years old? The first carols were not related to Christmas, however. Carols, or circle dances of praise and joy, were originally associated with pagan celebrations throughout the four seasons. With the advent of Christianity, winter solstice celebrations took on a more singular religious meaning. One of [...]
- How straw hats became shabby chic
- An interview with Joanna Syrokomla of Murdoch Mysteries
- Are Bridgerton costumes Regency? Fashion historians weigh in
- Let's talk about Regency fashion!
- The map of a woman's heart
- Vinegar valentines – a look at Victorian cruelty
- Go Big or Go Home: The Merry Widow Hat
- Godey's Lady's Book: what you didn't know
- How crazy was the bicycle craze?
- Recollections is the Best of the West!