I remember pictures of Betsy Ross in my American history textbooks in elementary school and 184 years after her death many still know her as the seamstress who created the first-ever American flag. While I am glad that she is remembered, the image that many have of Betsy Ross undermines her real accomplishments as a [...]
- Sarah Mognoni: Celebrating the connection between women and horses
- Have luxury, will travel. 19th-century dressing cases
- 19th century spicy trinkets: Nutmeg graters
- Jean Beraud : Documenting the Belle Epoque
- The stories behind five of Queen Elizabeth II's most famous looks
- Will you wear white after Labor Day this year?
- Glamour escapism: 1930s fashion
- Private purses: women's tie-on pockets
- Keep your poodle skirt dry: 1950s rainwear
- Can you spot the pelisse?