August 2020 is here and that means it is time to celebrate the hundred-year anniversary of the passing of the 19th Amendment on August 18th, 1920. I was planning on celebrating with a lot of in-person events, but instead, I’m celebrating from behind my computer screen in many ways. One way is by writing blog [...]
- 19th century spicy trinkets: Nutmeg graters
- Jean Beraud : Documenting the Belle Epoque
- The stories behind five of Queen Elizabeth II's most famous looks
- Will you wear white after Labor Day this year?
- Glamour escapism: 1930s fashion
- Private purses: women's tie-on pockets
- Keep your poodle skirt dry: 1950s rainwear
- Can you spot the pelisse?
- Sophie Blanchard: Regency Hot Air Balloonist
- Being Mrs. Claus: an interview with Cynthia Perkins